Have you ever stopped to think about how important it is to communicate with your Padel partner is? How it affects to your game? Well let’s talk about improving communication with your partner in Padel.
Do you blame each other’s mistakes or do you cheer your partner at all times?
In many moments of the match, it can happen that you suffer a small setbacks and things do not go as you had planned which tends to affect the result. Hence, communication with your partner plays a vital role in determining the result of the game.
Tips to Improve Communication and build a Good Team
The conflicting situations that occur on the court can be solved differently, but generally for an effective communication, the following points should be kept in mind:
1. Know what role each one plays in the pair- for example making it clear from the beginning who goes for the balls that go in the middle.
2. Know what annoys your partner in a match- and avoid it. if the body language you use is discouraging, switch to non-verbal communication!
3. Avoid destructive criticism- during the development of the match. Appreciate your partner in his successes and support him in his will to win. The more trust you give to your partner, the more chance you will have to win the match.
4. Think about treating your partner- in the same way you would like to be treated. Discuss the conflictive situations when the game ends.
5. Padel is fun- make sure that you and your partner have that purpose. Remember to play padel, and always strive to have fun with a competitive spirit.
6. Try to make communication as smooth as possible- between you. Always treat each other with respect and with the sole purpose of winning along with having fun.
7. Understand that each player is a different- and each have their own personality. Build it and adapt it with accordance to your partner.
8. Most Important: SPEAK- neglecting communication with your partner can result in loss of points. To have a smooth communication, build trust and create a positive environment to achieve a balanced situation during the game.